General Information about the Choir
- Girls between the age of 10 and 16 (inclusive) may audition for CDLC.
- Members of CDLC graduate at age 19.
- The aspirant may schedule an audition with Mrs. Rowe’s Assistant, who will assign her one piece from the CDLC repertoire to learn before the audition.
- Aspirants will have access to CDLC’s website in order to use the practice recordings for the assigned piece.
- Aspirants who pass auditions will then begin attending group practices and singing with the CDLC at Masses/religious events – in accordance with Mrs. Rowe’s discretion.
- This 2 month ‘postulancy’ participation may entail additional Sunday choir practices for the aspirant so that she can catch up with the other girls and soon become a member of CDLC.
Preparation for Choir Practices
Each girl is expected to use the practice recordings on the CDLC website that she may learn the repertoire before coming to group practices. This enables the choir practices to be an occasion for fine-tuning pieces with Mrs. Rowe and/or her assistant who both so generously share their gifts and time with CDLC.
Monday Choir Practices
- CDLC meets on average twice a month.
- At 4:45 p.m. CDLC adores Our Lord in the chapel, prays for Fr. Reid, our Pastor, and prays for the vocations of the M.E.F. servers.
- Following chapel time, CDLC practices in the choir loft with Mrs. Rowe until 6:15 p.m..
- Prior to an event, the members of CDLC may only miss one Monday practice.
Occasional Sunday Choir Practices
- If individual girls in CDLC are not prepared for an upcoming Mass they will attend an additional Sunday choir practice so they can catch up with the rest of the choir, OR
- If a girl misses a Monday choir practice in preparation for an upcoming event she will attend a makeup Sunday choir practice.
- Arrival time is at 11:45 a.m. in the Allen Center, ending with the Angelus at 12:15 p.m.
CDLC’s top priority is to sing Latin songs in harmony. Though CDLC ensures that its members sing at least one harmony song per Mass/religious event, chant is also an important part of CDLC’s repertoire. Because of this, for each harmony song that CDLC learns, CDLC will also learn a beautiful chant.
Singing at Mass/Religious Events
- CDLC sings at Extraordinary Form Masses on average once per month. Occasionally this may be substituted for a Novus Ordo Mass.
- CDLC is occasionally invited to sing at a religious event outside of Mass.
- CDLC does not sing the Propers at Mass.
If you are interested in auditioning for this choir, you can contact Sarah Carter at (704)-932-0745 or email her at: email@example.com.